Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Resting....Sort of

I went to the doctor yesterday, and apparently have high blood pressure. There was talk of toxemia, but I'm sure my high score is due to the fact that I have 3 kids, one of whom is 1 year old, and another who is Evyn. Most of you probably don't know Evyn like I do. She wears me out. Not only does she ask about 86,975 questions a day, but then she either argues with your answer or tells you that you obviously didn't understand her question because you are so wrong. And don't even try not to listen! One day I was just responding with 'yep' to everything she asked because I was so tired, I couldn't think. She said, "mom, you're not even listening! I told you I am 5 and you agreed. I am not 5, mom, I am 4!"
It's not the only time that's happened. Just the first time, so I remember it.
And it's not just concentrating on her conversations that wears me out. You see, she is the boss in her mind. Anyone that disagrees with her on that, namely ME, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. So, my job in relation to raising her--not easy. I hope that someday she will be a great leader...just not in our house at age 4!
When the doctor said that I have high blood pressure, my thoughts were that I've got a lot going on right now, and just need to slow down. I did have to have my blood drawn, (and I won't go into the details of the elaborate pee test!) but only as a precaution. The doctor told me that if it is toxemia, I will have to be induced. Not into that!! I will do whatever I need to for the safety of the baby, but I would rather rest and prevent it, then have a baby this weekend. That would not be convenient at all!! I have said that this whole hospital birth business felt like a God thing, and now I'm wondering what would have happened had I not gone to the doctor yesterday. I know for a fact I wouldn't be resting right now.
When I told Lynn that the doctor said I need to slow down, he said,
"Oh! Like I've been telling you for months." yes, dear, but I don't have time to slow down. Well, now apparently I've been forced to. Except that today we had 2 people come look at the house we're trying to sell, which meant I spent half of the morning cleaning, and the rest out and about being out of the house and going to pre-construction meetings and picking up kids and going to karate and coming home to cook dinner...
But now I'm resting. I always feel guilty when I "rest". So, it's really not that fun. At least I have been ordered to do so, which makes it a little easier to handle. But I still sit here and think about the laundry piling up...

No comments: