Wednesday, January 14, 2009

pre-construction meeting

We went over the plans for the house today to make any final changes before they start building. I have moments when I just don't believe it. It doesn't seem real yet. Apparently they will start preparing the land within the next few days. you know I'll be there like everyday! Maybe once the frame is up it will seem more real. Lynn and I have done multiple remodeling jobs and had every intention of taking before and after pictures, as well as everything in between. Did we do it? Nope. Maybe when we're not actually doing the work it will be easier to record the process. that doesn't mean I'll necessarily get the photos on here, but I'll certainly try.
We did walk through the model home again with our plans in hand to compare and contrast with our future home. I noticed new things I'd never seen before. It's fun to picture where I will put things. That craft room is still my favorite! We also got to see how big the back yard is. All I care about is if it's big enough for a trampoline, pool and swing set once we get our 15 foot back porch and Lynn's shop in the yard. It will be. Plenty of room to run and giggle.
We also made sure that 3 beds would fit in the girls' room, and made plans for the furniture in the Master bedroom. By the time this house is built, I will have walked through the model home enough times to walk through ours with my eyes closed.

1 comment:

All this and more said...

Just remeberif your eyes are closed that ours is opposite of the model home. Hate for you to think your in the bathroom and pee in the laundry room.