Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Update

I'm a little late with my news, but a lot has happened in kid world that I feel I need to share. I just haven't had the time to sit down and type.
Bryce lost his first tooth Saturday, august 9th. we tried wiggling, turning and wiggling some more. then Lynn was tying some floss to it so we could tie it to the door, and it just came out in his hand-a surprise to all involved. Then the next weekend, another one came out. He's got a big hole in his smile. So cute!
Evyn got an adorable new haircut. I'll post pictures of all this stuff soon.
Bryce started first grade this week. For some reason, it felt like any other day. I was almost unprepared. Like it was absolutely no big deal. We were almost late for his first day. He's enjoyed everyday so far. He thinks his teacher's nice and he's already made new friends. He told me tonight that he fell in love with 2 girls, Audrey and Lexi. When I asked him what it means to fall in love, he said he didn't know, but he shouldn't kiss them because he would get in big boo-boo trouble. At least he knows that!
Zoey has another new tooth coming in. This makes 5. She's a bit cranky. She turns 9 months on Thursday. we'll be planning a 1st birthday soon!! Crazy! she's into everything. Her favorite things to do are open and close doors, bang on things, and pull hair.
As for the youngest of our clan--my morning sickness is finally over. I feel like a huge whale already, but I know I have a long way to go. According to "May Baby This Week" he/she is about the size of an avocado.
I've been extra moody these days. An annoying project at work hasn't helped that any. I think if I actually worked the rest of the week, I would make some enemies. Fortunately, my work-week is over. Hopefully, my hormones haven't made anyone irreversibly angry with me.
We went to Wonderland this past week. While we were in Amarillo, we met the new midwife, and I had my first prenatal visit. We heard the heartbeat, and I had blood drawn. Pain! I've had lots of needle-pricks, but I guess she was nervous because I've never had one hurt that bad.
Evyn started tumbling yesterday. She's a natural. Her coach asked me where she had taken before. Pretty impressive since she's never had any kind of training. She loved it. She'll sleep very well on Mondays. Constant movement for an hour will be good for her. I was telling one of the teachers at her Parent's Day Out about how hard she worked, and she said, "I can't imagine Evyn ever wearing out."
I'll try to post some pictures soon to tickle the fancy of all the grandparents.

1 comment:

jonathan said...

You were moody? Geez I had no idea...

:)