Friday, August 1, 2008

Sick and Tired

Alright, people! I'm about to complain, so if you don't want to hear it, don't read this entry. I'm officially in my 2nd trimester, and still suffering from morning sickness. Although for me, morning has nothing to do with it. I keep hearing stories of women who were sick their entire pregnancy. Not one of those women has 4 children. I know why! I told Lynn that if this continues through the entire pregnancy, I will have my tubes tied. I can handle pain. I've had all of my children (8lbs 12 oz, 9 lbs 2 oz and 9 lbs 5 oz) naturally, and wouldn't do it any other way. I don't even mind throwing up. But the constant all day nausea is about to drive me insane. I did buy these awesome arm bands to eliminate the nausea, and for the most part, they have curbed it. But then there are days when the sick feeling just lingers or I have moments when I can't move because I feel so sick, even with the bands. So, I've tried to only wear them when I have to in case I've gotten desensitized or something. I don't know if that's possible, but I'm not taking chances. On days that I work, I can just sit and close my eyes for a moment or even put my head down. But then at home, I have this curious little 8 month old who is into everything. And she's fast! We're talking NASCAR fast. And she is drawn to things that will hurt her, like dogs who oddly enough don't like their hair pulled, and computer wires and bathroom trashcans-yuck!...so closing my eyes for a moment is not an option. Most of the time, sitting is not even an option.
Getting work done is nearly impossible. My house is a wreck, which makes me feel even worse. Then there are times like this morning, when I was putting all the trash into one big bag...that apparently had a hole in it! So there was then Dr.Pepper and baby food all over the floor. Of course, that looked like lots of fun to Zoey. It looked so gross to me that I barely got through it. But I did get through that and Zoey's bath that followed. And now I get to complain about it without making anyone listen. I feel better. Thank you blog world.

4 comments:

wm said...

This is becoming one of my favorite blogs.

Matthews said...

Ugh! Girl, I was just going to e-mail or call and ask how you are feeling!!! Keep walking!

Amber said...

When I was pregnant with Abrea, Scott set a bag of trash on the porch, intending to take it to the dumpster later. I got home from work to find that our dog had ripped the bag apart and strewn trash including dirty diapers all over the yard. As I was picking it all up, the nausea was too much, so I was puking all over the yard as I picked up trash. Really funny now although a little gross. Anyway, your current misery reminded me of that. I hope the nausea goes away soon!

Sabrina said...

I feel your pain... I will say that once that 4th one is here, you won't have to worry with loosing your mind, for me it's already gone. Mara-11, Orin-9, Koen-2, Enly-2 months. Love you and wish I could see you. At least fall is swinging in. Or does it cool off there?

Sabrina