Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Paw-Paw's Teeth

Evyn and Bryce are staying with my friend Angie while I'm at work for the last couple of weeks of the summer. Angie's grandfather passed away recently, and she had left his teeth and a pair of shoes that were returned from the funeral home in her closet. She has a fairly new puppy that found said teeth and was walking around with them in her mouth. The puppy looked like she had human teeth. This picture is funny enough as it is, so I thought I would include it in my story. Angie left the teeth on the computer desk after she removed them from the dog's mouth to keep them out of reach. Evyn saw the teeth on the desk and inquired, "What are those?" Angie answered, "Those are Paw-Paw's teeth." This answer was sufficient for Evyn until the next day. She had obviously been pondering over the situation.
"Where's Paw-Paw?"
"He's in Heaven."
Evyn's eyes grew wide with concern. "He forgot his teeth!!"
"It's ok, we get a new set of teeth when we get to Heaven."
"Well, why are they on your desk?"
"So Lexi won't chew on them."
Maybe I shouldn't have told you the rest of the story. The last part of that conversation would have been even funnier! You might think my daughter and her caregiver were both on crack, though. I'll leave it in.

1 comment:

Matthews said...

That's hilarious! Jaden just asked the other day to go to Evyn and Bryce's house. Ugh. Miss you!