Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Results Are In

Well, the day has come. No more voting. We have a bit of a tie. 42% voted for a boy, 42% for a girl. And then I'm excited to know that someone thinks we are having a Mexican baby. I'm sure it was my husband since he claims that he was in Hobbs when I got pregnant. (This is strictly a joke for those of you who aren't familiar with his sense of humor.) I'm glad it will not be Mexican since I can't speak Spanish.
Ok, for the information you've all been waiting for...
Sorry, we don't know yet. We had the ultrasound this morning, but this baby wouldn't cooperate any better than Zoey did at this gestational age. The sonographer squirted lots of goop on my belly; I laughed, coughed, wiggled and Lynn poked, but it just wouldn't let us see. So the baby girl stuff will have to stay in storage for awhile longer and we'll just have to keep saying, "no, we don't know what we're having yet..."
What we did find out is that it is a healthy, strong, active baby that will be born in February. We've decided to do the whole birth thing on our own (no doctors, no midwives), so this information was quite comforting.
When we were trying to get it to move so we could get the perfect angle, Lynn poked my belly and you could see his finger on the screen along with the baby moving in response to it. It was amazing! So sweet!
As soon as we get the ultrasound photos scanned, I'll post the best ones for you to try to figure out. Some of them are actually very clear.
I'll keep everybody posted on whether we will try to find out again!

No comments: