Monday, April 28, 2008

5 months old


Today is Zoey's "5 month birthday". What a monumental occasion! Well, she doesn't care. I am actually probably the only person on the planet who does care. But I hold that right. I am her mother. It thrills me to no end to realize that 5 months ago, she couldn't do ANYTHING! Yet in such a short time she has learned to roll over, get where she needs to go by herself. Even though it's 2 feet from where she started, and no one has actually seen her move, it happened. She was here, now she's there. She did it! She can hold an entire conversation with anyone (or thing) that will listen. Most of her words are made of vowels, and usually the same vowel strung out for 45 seconds, but she's saying it, whatever it is. And I pretend I know what she's saying, and respond accordingly. Bryce and Evyn have caught on as well. There are a lot of "really?"s and "are you kidding me?" s and "that can't be true!"s. We all love to hear her precious stories! She does throw in the occasional d, m, and g sound just to keep us interested.
I have no idea what she weighs or how tall she is, but she's huge compared to that little bundle that arrived way back on November 28th. We all thought she was so big then. 9 lbs, 5oz! 22 inches! She doesn't even look like the same person.
And she's so strong! She can sit up without assistance when she feels like it. That's the key. Kind of like two other children I know...only when they feel like it. Nothing like me, of course! She can hold herself up on her hands and knees. She can stand holding on to me with one hand.
I have to say, I'm quite impressed by her new talents. But then, I am her mother!

No comments: