Monday, September 22, 2008

baby banana

I don't think anything has happened recently in kid world. I was checking on my website that updates the baby's size by comparing it to different produce. If you really think about it, that's kind of creepy. I guess I really didn't think about it until I had looked at it one day and saw that soon it will be the size of a mango. Then that same day, I cut up a mango. Maybe it's just me...
Anyway! At this point the baby is the size of a banana. the most common question right now is "Do you know what the sex is yet?" It's kind of strange that I don't remember that being a real concern with anybody in my previous pregnancies, but for some reason, I'm asked at least once a day with this one. Maybe by the fourth, people just don't know what else to say.
I really want to find out with this one for a number of reasons. #1 - the kids really want a baby brother, and if it's not, I want to prepare them for the letdown. #2- I really think it's a boy, and if it's not, I would like to stop calling it a he in my head. #3- we have lots of girl stuff and no room in our house. So, it would be especially great to get rid of it all if that's a possibility. #4- we still don't have a name, and picking one is easier than picking two. #5- I'd like to have an answer for all those inquiring minds besides, "no, we don't know yet, but we really want to."
So, all that said...I will be checking into a sonogram any day now, and will let you all know as soon as I find out. If anyone feels compelled to let me know what you think it is, go ahead. It might be fun to see your replies. I will even answer your old wives tale questions if you have any.

2 comments:

wm said...

A banana? What kind of size is that? A banana is about as long as a cantaloupe, but as wide as a plum.

And then what do you do about the fact that a banana is curved?

And when was it avocado sized? That would have been cool. I like avocados...

Matthews said...

Get a Mounds candybar and an Almond Joy. Put them both (in the wrappers!) in a bag. Close your eyes and reach in and what you pull out...well, that's what you get! It worked with Jenna! I pulled out a Mounds. Get it?!